Pages

Countdown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

LA Baseball Trip 2011 - Day 1

And so it begins, another baseball trip, another blog.

I want to give a special shout-out to the Crowne Plaza. I am truly flattered that you want to be the place our next child is conceived. Why else would you have placed a gift set that includes ear plugs, sleep mask, and aromatherapy oils only on Tyler's bed and not ours? Not sure he got the hint, but I heard you loud and clear. It's not happening though. I don't want Brooklyn to be on a girl's trip in 20 years to LA where as their plane is approaching the city, she points out to everyone, "that's the hotel where my little brother was conceived". That is just too weird and something only strange people would do. So unfortunately you will not be the equivalent of that house in West Lafayette. (Angie, if you are reading this.....yes I've seen the house where you were conceived.)

Most Confusing Conversation of Day 1: As we are at the last security checkpoint of the car rental place:
Tyler asks the guard: Do you know where the Crowne Plaza is?
Guard responds: Do you have an address?
Tyler: No
Guard: Do you know the street?
Tyler: Nope
Guard: (looks at Tyler like he is crazy)
Tyler: Well I have an address on a printout but I is in my bag.
Guard: Is it Century?
Tyler: Yeah I think so
Guard (gives directions), then asks if we want a map of LA.
Tyler: Nope we're good

Most Memorable Quote of Day 1: Literally 15 seconds after take-off at DFW the little boy behind us looks out his window, sees that nasty pond/lake on the outskirts of the airport and announces to his mom "I can see the ocean. Is that California down there?"

In-N-Out Experience:
So we empathize will all of the people this week who went to Frisco/Allen and waited 4 hours to have some In-N-Out Burger. However I guess our time is just a little more valuable to us than yours is to you because rather than wait the 4 hours in TX, we took a 3 hour flight to LA. Saved an hour.....so one word to you "Scoreboard!" This was our first time eating INO, so we decided to waste the poor order taker's time. We went drive thru, but they were busy so they had an employee, Jennifer, out there taking orders. When asked what we wanted, Tyler goes first "a glass of carrot juice." Her response, "we don't have that here." He was supposed to then say "fine, then I'll have nothing!" Instead he paused and let awkward silence take over. Then Tyler says, "So what do you have?" She shows us the menu with 3 items.....it still takes us 10 minutes to order....in fact it took so long, the line in front of us disappeared....but the line behind us tripled. Near the end I think I even heard a honk directed at us!
As to the overall food----greatness!

>

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL...who actually wrote that? I can't tell if it was you or you?

Cindy Bowers said...

Brad wrote it! :)